The Charlotte Bobcats are beginning the process to change their name back to the Charlotte Hornets, according to a CBS Sports report. According to the report, a source told CBS Sports the Bobcats hope to acquire digital assets to allow a return to their old nickname. Commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver told Bobcats season ticket holders in April that any change to the Hornets would take 18 months.
With their new altered logo, it was no surprise that the Charlotte Bobcats would get a new uniform. On Tuesday they unveiled it to the public and I feel that it could have been so much better.
Here are some thoughts on these new uniforms.
- The jersey style template is the same as teams like the Lakers, Heat, Raptors. Unoriginal.
- Now Orange is their third color of their uniform set. It’s two different shades of blue that’s ahead as their primary colors, which also is very unoriginal.
- Removal of the pinstripes is fine by me, but I don’t if adding them to the side panels works well.
- The team kept the font for their name but the numbers are similar to that of the Mavericks. In fact, their whole set reminds me of Dallas.
- For a team that had a unique, distinct color set to their uniforms now looks like another generic basketball team. But since it’s the Bobcats, nobody will even notice that they won’t have their full team name on their home uniforms.
- What was wrong with this? For a team that hasn’t even been around for a decade, this is their third different uniform set.