CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C’MON! BOB MELVIN IS THE AMERICAN LEAGUE MANAGER OF THE YEAR!!
Let’s get the facts out on the table first on Bob Melvin’s 2012 season:
- His first full season with the A’s.
- The A’s were predicted to lose 100 games. They instead won 94.
- Division champions.
- Traded away three All-Star pitchers in offseason.
- Two key veteran pitchers were lost for the season and team still won with all-rookie rotation.
- Inept offense with platoons continued to get big hits.
- Oh and by the way, the AL West was the toughest division out there.
With that said, Bob Melvin had to be the clear winner of the Manager of the Year voting. Not saying that Buck Showalter or Robin Ventura did bad jobs, but Melvin did more with less. And more importantly, he really made the Oakland A’s the feel good story of baseball this year.