Check out the exclusive look at next season’s Christmas look courtesy of Paul Lukas. He details a lot about these designs and you should read about it. Here I’ll share my thoughts on it.
- As he mentioned, these Christmas uniforms are free from gimmicks like sleeves and over the top colors. Instead it’s a Christmas-type font and template to match. The piping and shorts are made to imitate the current uniform the teams have. This is simple and very well-executed.
- I am not too huge on every team having the same template for team name and having the same color. However, it is the smallest gripe I have with the new set. It’s still simple and refreshing to see Adidas scale back in the design and instead give us something that actually makes us think of Christmas.
- Cursive! You know what I learned some time ago? Very few schools teach cursive these days. So many people actually don’t know how to write or read it. It’s still common in baseball but not in basketball. I am glad these uniforms will teach some people about reading cursive.
- Hey, check out the Clippers’ waistband. It’s that ugly new logo!
- We knew that the Hawks were getting new uniforms next season. So based on what we see from this Christmas set, I have to wonder what those chevrons are all about. Additionally, we get a glimpse of their new logo on the shorts waistband. And are they bringing back lime green?
Overall, I think these are way better than those of years past. I am looking forward to seeing all of these in action. I might even cop one when available.