Chris Creamer has a great post about the new Florida Panthers’ look. I don’t have much to say but after checking his update and looking at what the Panthers have unveiled, here are some quick thoughts.
- Fine, I get it. You want to the honor the military. You’re copying the same idea as the Jaguars with your crest logo. But in place of that jumping Panther? What a shame. I know that jumping Panther is on the helmet now, but that logo is superior to this.
- I think it’s OK to copy the stripe across the chest that is similar to the Habs. In fact, that it looks good all things considered. But I just feel it’s unnecessary.
- The addition of gold and the removal of their dark yellow is a downgrade for me. I like the a lot more and it fits well with the Sunshine State.
- The sleeve patch I can do without. But it’s different than the traditional designs so I can roll with it. And having it different for captains will be interesting.
- I like the laces. Still, there are way too many teams with laces but I like this modernized version.
Overall it’s a decent look but I am not jumping and celebrating it. It still feels a little plain to me and so traditional like. I guess with a previous look of a jumping panther I was hoping something would be “in-your-face” with this new look. But I don’t feel it.