I usually have a pick ’em this time around but year I am going to forego that so I can focus on the two that I already am in.
I have followed some strategies throughout my years and I have done pretty well. I have never won but hey, I still got a good amount of upsets right.
Today I will share my tips on having a great bracket. A winning one? I don’t know. But these are what I hold on to when I fill my bracket out.
- If the school is not known for their basketball program, do not let them advance far. It is too risky to put so much stock on an unknown at the dance.
- Choose at least one 5/12 upset. Choose two if you feel fancy.
- Duke stinks and don’t ever pick them to win it all. In fact, pick them to falter and not even make it to the Final Four.
- Schools like Butler, Xavier should always be considered for a minor deep run as their history in the big dance warrants.
- Michigan State should always at least make a run most years. This year is a tough one however.
- Pac-12 teams should always be favored also to at least win one game. Arizona could win it all.
- Adidas schools should never be favored to win it all. I don’t like Adidas.
- Pay attention to the schools that endured a long conference tournament and their matchup against a team that didn’t have to play that many games. Advantage goes to the rested team.
- Be risky and have a couple double-digit seeds make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
- As stated before, do not give Duke any love.