The Super Bowl is here and it’s time for those predictions. This should be a close game featuring the best of the best versus a team with a bunch of surprises throughout their playoff run.
Here are some things I look forward to in this game.
- Nobody thought Nick Foles would be in this position. But he has played well for the most part since Carson Wentz got hurt. His performance against Minnesota was absolutely amazing and his accuracy was impressive. I want to see if Foles can repeat that performance (as we have seen what he could do in his first stint with Philly) or will he crumble under pressure.
- Tom Brady is at it again and he doesn’t look like he’s going to be slowing down anytime soon. This is his stage and I am just looking forward to seeing what we have in store.
- The Eagles have a solid run game with Jay Ajayi and LeGarrette Blount and I expect them to try to slow the pace down with the run attack. But don’t discount the Patriots’ attack with James White and Dion Lewis. This should be a real good bruiser of a game.
- Danny Amendola was huge in the AFC title game with Rob Gronkowski out. How will the Eagles prepare for both of them? Or will the Patriots have another one of their receivers be a prime target for the game?
- I wouldn’t discount the Eagles defense either. But will they be able to handle the Patriots? I expect the Patriots to try to go deep early to test the secondary.
- Torrey Smith has to be a major factor into the Eagles offense. He has the ability to stretch the field and if Foles gets protection, it could be a huge part of the attack. That might open up a lot of opportunities for Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor in the passing game.
- With 12 of the past 13 teams wearing white winning the Super Bowl, the luck is on the Patriots’ side as they opted for white for this game. It looks like they are going to win again.
- I wish Prince was still alive. I don’t care much for Justin Timberlake. This halftime show better be good.
This will be a close game before the Patriots likely pull away in the fourth. The Eagles must play controlled football but it will be dictated by how the defense can hold off the Patriots. We will see how the Eagles offense can keep pace with the Patriots. If it comes down to a high-scoring affair, it will be very challenging. However, I expect a close game but it will be the same as years before. Patriots win 31-17 with Dion Lewis as MVP.