Deadspin had a piece about this and I thought I was the only one who felt the same way.
You can’t claim to be a Vikings family when members of the family abandon the Vikings. OK, so your son marries an Eagles fan. That’s fine. But just because you live in Cincinnati, doesn’t mean that you don’t teach your children to love the Vikings or the Eagles. Instead you let them just roam around and love whatever team is out there?
Then the other sister is a Vikings fan, yet converts to the Cowboys just because of one selfie with Emmitt Smith? Like, does this family have no loyalty? You can’t claim to be a Vikings family if you flop so bad.
One of my favorite and most respected players of all time. Sucks that he is a Yankee but still, he’s the man.
Does he deserve all this? Sure. But should they be doing all this for him? No. It is overkill of appreciation, even though he was a great player. I am mixed about it. I appreciate him but it is overwhelming.
As some of you may or may not know, the NBA will have several teams wear these hideous uniforms for Christmas. I am not sure what their point is in doing this other than merchandise sales.
The uniforms are generic looking and they probably got them at the local swap meet. The designs are barely visible and I am not sure if it would look good visually on the television screen.
What ever happened to something simple like this?
This is the new Jordan commercial that aired a couple days ago. It features two kids from different sides of the world inspired by Carmelo Anthony. Then they grow up and end up becoming rivals in college and in the NBA. Pretty interesting that the commercial features the growth of these two kids all the way to their rookie year in 2030.
Here are some interesting notes that I take from this commercial.
- :20 – He plays basketball by himself while the rest of his friends watch football.
- :27 – Since this is a Jordan commercial, you’ll notice that the three schools that this kid is thinking about all happen to be schools that are outfitted by Jordan: Marquette, Georgetown and Cal. The only other team that is outfitted by Jordan is UNC, which is the school Ling goes to. And when is Cal ever a basketball destination for a high prospect high schooler?
- :35 – The UNC uniforms remain unchanged. Georgetown’s looks the same too. (Although those jersey numbers are against NCAA rules.)
- :39 – The Mavericks win the lottery in 2029 and by then, David Stern is no longer commissioner.
- :51 – On April 9, 2031, the Bobcats (which surprisingly don’t change their uniform design over the next 19 years and are actually a good team) win the championship. Plus, when does the NBA Finals end in early April?
- :57 – Apparently the Olympics uniforms don’t change either and the international rules have changed, allowing both players to wear numbers 32 and 16. Also the Games are held in Cairo.
- :59 – Goaltending?