The Super Bowl is here and it’s time for those predictions. This should be a great game featuring the best offense in the league vs the best defense in the league.
Here are some things I look forward to in this game.
- Matt Ryan is playing at his best in his career. On the other hand, Tom Brady put up great numbers once again despite missing four games. The quarterback play will come down to how Brady can move the offense and counter a Falcons passing attack that can put up a lot of points. But is Ryan ready for the big stage?
- The running game for New England is a curious one. Dion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount are a great duo out of the backfield but James White is a huge threat in the passing game. Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman are a much more explosive duo but can they set the tone for the Falcons offense?
- Speaking of setting the tone, the Falcons want to score first and get their momentum going. Against a veteran team like the Patriots, they can’t afford to fall behind against Brady and company. Scoring first will be huge.
- The defenses are going to be quite the show. The Patriots gave up the fewest points this year and that is thanks in part to a secondary that can bend but never breaks. The schemes they run with their linebackers allow them to get great coverage on the field. This will be huge in stopping a passing attack that has looked unstoppable all season long.
- Atlanta’s duo of Julio Jones and Mo Sanu make them very scary. But adding Taylor Gabriel as the wild card into the mix makes it interesting. The Patriots can counter with their receivers in Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan. They don’t seem like major threats, but with this offense, they are. Add in tight end Martellus Bennett, the Patriots can still spread the ball around.
- Do we want to see Brady win a fifth ring? Or do we want to see new champs? Most of American seems to be cheering for the Falcons.
- With 11 of the past 12 teams wearing white winning the Super Bowl, the luck is on the Patriots’ side. Will they win it all again?
- I am really looking forward to the halftime show. I used to not like Lady Gaga. Then I saw her perform at the Stevie Wonder tribute concert and was blown away. I like her new album. This will be fun.
I think this is going to be a shootout. Both teams are capable of putting up points and even though the Patriots boast a great defense, they have to contend with a gameplan from Atlanta that can still go up and down the field. However, New England knows how to make the big stops when necessary and counting out Tom Brady and Bill Belichick seems hard to do. Patriots win 41-31 with Brady as MVP again.